Duplex seal-tapesDuplex seal tape consists of a strip of PTFE coated glass fabric with an adhesive tape on both sides. The Duplex seal tape is mainly used in sealing plastic film and is applied on top of the welding wire to prevent the plastic film from sticking to the welding wire or the welding element. We supply customer specific widths, thicknesses, type of glass fabric and adhesive tape (PVC filament or crepe).
What are Teflon (PTFE) Duplex seal tapes?Teflon (PTFE) Duplex seal tapes are made of PTFE, also known as Teflon. This synthetic polymer is known for its excellent heat-resistant and non-stick properties. Duplex seal tapes are specially designed to be used as seals for various applications. They consist of two layers of PTFE film with a fiberglass reinforced layer in between for added strength and durability.
Advantages of Teflon (PTFE) Duplex seal tapesThe use of Teflon (PTFE) Duplex sealing tapes offers several advantages. Below are the main advantages of these tapes:
- Heat resistance: Teflon (PTFE) Duplex seal tapes can withstand high temperatures up to 260 degrees Celsius, making them ideal for applications where heat resistance is required.
- Anti-adhesive properties: PTFE's non-stick properties keep materials from sticking to the tapes, which benefits the production process.
- Chemical resistance: Teflon (PTFE) Duplex seal tapes are resistant to chemicals, acids and solvents. This allows them to be used in the chemical industry.
- Durability: The fiberglass reinforced layer of the Teflon (PTFE) Duplex sealing tapes provides extra strength and durability. As a result, they last a long time and you do not need to replace the tapes often, which can be cost-saving.
Applications of Teflon (PTFE) Duplex seal tapesTeflon (PTFE) Duplex seal tapes are used in a variety of industries and applications, including:
- Packaging Industry:Teflon (PTFE) Duplex sealing tapes are used as a seal when sealing packaging.
- Food industry: Teflon (PTFE) Duplex seal tapes are used in manufacturing processes involving food processing, such as baking, frying and grilling.
- Chemical industry: Teflon (PTFE) Duplex seal tapes are used as seals on pipes and tanks that come into contact with chemicals.
- Textile industry: Teflon (PTFE) Zone tapes are used in weaving and knitting machines to prevent yarn and thread from sticking.
Different types of duplex sealing tapes
|Duplex sealtape type C||Crepe tape||12, 15, 19, 25 mm|
|Duplex sealtape type G||Glass tape (transparent)||15, 19, 25, 38 mm|
|Duplex sealtape type L||Cloth tape||15, 19 mm|
|Duplex sealtape type D||Double-sided tape||4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 19, 25, 30 mm|
Versions duplex sealing tapes
- Thickness: The thickness is determined by the PTFE coated glass fabric used. Common thicknesses are: 0.08 mm, 0.13 mm, 0.15 mm and 0.25 mm.
- Useful splice width: This is the available space between both adhesive edges (as indicated in the figures above). We have the ability to manufacture a duplex seal tape with a minimum splice width of 5 mm to a maximum width of approximately 200 mm.
- Overall width: This is the width determined by the "useful weld width" plus 2x the width of the adhesive tapes (standard each 15 mm wide).
- Protective film: The applied protective film is made of silicone paper, this gives excellent protection to the adhesive tape and is easy to remove.
- Roll length: Duplex sealing tape comes in rolls of 30 or 50 meters.